Flitter Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for open and honest discussion from those of us just starting our careers in the film industry. There are no taboo subjects and there are no stupid questions, this is the place for all of us who are still learning.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Seen any good movies lately ... ?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kristian

Kristian

Seen any good movies lately ... ? Empty
PostSubject: Seen any good movies lately ... ?   Seen any good movies lately ... ? EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 5:49 am

What's the last thing you saw, either in the cinema or whatever, and was it any good? Any reccomendations or suggestions to avoid?

The last thing I saw in the cinema was 'The Green Lantern' and it's very extremely meh.

Honestly can't reccomend or condemn it, it was just incredibly average in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flitterfilms.co.uk/
lianerosebunce

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies lately ... ?   Seen any good movies lately ... ? EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 11:35 pm

I went to see the film Senna yesterday! Highly recommend even though I'm a big girlie and didn't think a film on formula one racing would interest me. The film is more about the life of a human being who happened to be a formula one driver and the story is told using stock footage and voice over. Of course, I imagine some would find the film very pro Senna, and perhaps its not the balanced view some formula one fans would expect of a documentary film. But then again, can a documentary film ever be balanced? Docs still try and tell stories and stories are always from someone's POV. Anyway, this film was a must see. I want to go go-carting now!
Back to top Go down
Caley Powell

Caley Powell

PostSubject: Hi   Seen any good movies lately ... ? EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 12:34 am

Hi,

I heard Senna was good but it doesn't look like a film I would enjoy it and I think with The Tree Of Life and Holy Rollers and of course on Friday the last Harry Potter film out (yay!) that I would ever get round to watch it....

Last Wednesday Kristian and I went to the cinema to see The Conspirator, a film directed by Robert Redford about the trial of Mary Surratt, a mother of one of the people involved the plan to assisinate President Lincoln, starring Jamea McAvoy, Tom Wilkinson, Toby Kebbel, Kevin Kline, Alexis Bledel (from my favourite - The Gilmore Girls) and Johnathan Gorff from Glee. It was very good but odd to have so many British actors trying to do an American accent but I would reccommened it as though James McAvoy struggled with the accent at times, you couldn't hear any trace of his usual scottish accent and he looked handsome as ever! Laughing

I will no doubt post what I think of all of the films I mentioned above and let me know what you see next and what you thought of it.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.flitterfilms.co.uk, www.caleypowellcasting.co.uk
lianerosebunce

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies lately ... ?   Seen any good movies lately ... ? EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 12:46 am

Well that's a real shame you won't make some time to see Senna Caley! I'm telling you, you won't regret it. I even took my Mum last week and she loved it. Trust me, we know nothing about Formula One and even we enjoyed it!

If I can't convince you then maybe Ayrton can: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXii-QJn0Zw This is an amazing clip which shows you the kind of man he was - when one of his competitors crashed, he actually stops his car, goes over to the crashed vehicle and switches the engine off therefore preventing an inevitable explosion...whilst all the other drivers just drive on past.

Anyway, if you do see it, be good to see what you think. And let us know about Tree of Life!
Back to top Go down
Kristian

Kristian

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies lately ... ?   Seen any good movies lately ... ? EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 1:30 am

Okay, seen a bunch of movies so here's some thoughts.

Captain America - really good though still has the issue that the whole Avengers series has so far in that nothing is as good as the first Iron Man.

Arriety - really pointless storyline that goes nowhere and literally wastes your time.

Super 8 - good but not sure why, ultimately nothings links up the kids activities are somewhat irrelevant to the larger alien story and vice versa. Both idea would make pretty good seperate movies but here we have them presented at the same time gving us two halves of pretty good movies, which is a mixed blessing.

The Devils Double - a fun movie with great performance by Dominic Copper but the story just kind of fades out towards the end and is ultimately a little dissapointing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flitterfilms.co.uk/
Caley Powell

Caley Powell

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies lately ... ?   Seen any good movies lately ... ? EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 2:10 am

I agree with everything you said!

I really like Captain America as I didnt really care before it came out and was pleasatly suprised. But more Dominic Cooper is needed! lol

With that in mind I loved 'The Devils Double' in terms of Dominic Coopers performance n the fact there was 2 of them!!! That man deserves to go far! I do agree that it did lose iteself and just ended, left me wanting to see more, which cold have worked but just made me annoyed.

Arrietty was just annoying, they kept sending signals that i was going to end a certain way and then it had this really stupid ending which I couldn't understand.

I sort of enjoyed Super 8, it just seemed like a very rushed film as a whole, the writing nd story wasn't up to the best standard and the ending annoyed the hell out of me. To be brutaly honest I enjoyed watching the film the kids made over the actual film! Some of the kids were a little too annoying for me, but loved the action seqences!

Also on recommendation from David Novis, aka Zictor, we watched Super, which I really didn't lik- it just creeped me out and disgusted me and again the ending just made the whole film seem pointless! Shame!

Next round of cinema is Monday when we'll see Rise of the Plant of the Apes and then at some point we'll see Cowboys and Aliens so we'll post our reviews!

If you agree or disagree with our reviews then let us know!
Back to top Go down
http://www.flitterfilms.co.uk, www.caleypowellcasting.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies lately ... ?   Seen any good movies lately ... ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Seen any good movies lately ... ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Flitter Forum :: Non-Flitter Chat :: Everything Else ...-
Jump to: