Flitter Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for open and honest discussion from those of us just starting our careers in the film industry. There are no taboo subjects and there are no stupid questions, this is the place for all of us who are still learning.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Thoughts on website & forum

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kristian

Kristian

Thoughts on website & forum Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts on website & forum   Thoughts on website & forum EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 12:07 am

Okay first topic I want to kick off is asking you guys to criticise us. Go on you pansies, I dare you!

In all seriousness I'm interested to hear any thoughts anyone might have on how to improve the website or this new forum. Highlight any major problems I might have missed and if I haven't missed anything then tell me how amazing I am.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flitterfilms.co.uk/
AdamTDavis

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on website & forum   Thoughts on website & forum EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 9:34 pm

I like the main site, it's coming along very nicely. The two issues I noticed right off the bat were that the text goes past the border on the right which looks awful and the links on the left are too small, very hard to read. Apart from that I would say that it just needs a bit of tidying. The forum's set out well I'm just not a fan of the design, personally I hate tiled backgrounds, it's very distracting! Thankfully phpbb forums are very easy to customise so it shouldn't be too much bother to change it. Keep up the good work!

Adam
Back to top Go down
Kristian

Kristian

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on website & forum   Thoughts on website & forum EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 10:02 pm

Yeah the website went a bit screwy the last time I updated it and I don't seem to be able to fix it. The problem's logged with technical support so hopefully it'll get sorted soon.

Also I'm noticing on this forum that some of the blue text blends in with the background colour in sections so I'll change that when I get a minute.

If people really don't like the tile background I'll change it but for now I like it well enough so I'll wait and see. Cheers for the input.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flitterfilms.co.uk/
AdamTDavis

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on website & forum   Thoughts on website & forum EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 2:27 am

Hi Kristian,

It might be an idea to change the default in the preferences so that you get an email if you get a reply in the forum so that people come back to the site to check what's been written?

All the best

Adam
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on website & forum   Thoughts on website & forum Empty

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on website & forum
Page 1 of 1