Flitter Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for open and honest discussion from those of us just starting our careers in the film industry. There are no taboo subjects and there are no stupid questions, this is the place for all of us who are still learning.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Brief warning about Star Now

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Caley Powell

Caley Powell

Brief warning about Star Now Empty
PostSubject: Brief warning about Star Now   Brief warning about Star Now EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:57 am

Hi all,

I'm not going to rant about how completely useless I find Star Now but I do just want to issue a brief warning to all actors thinking of getting an account with them as they have a very bad reputation in the industry.

Star Now is known for having actors on there that are not professional, serious or dedicated at all and have pictures that are either them drunk off Facebook or taking wth a webcam which doesnt exactly scream proffesionalism and I have heard so many horror stories and witnessed some myself of actors from Star Now not turning up when asked to or turning up and not behaving professionally.

A majority of the companies who use Star Now I have found are not professional and are trying to save money and get actors to work for free or trying to get actors involved in films that are exploitative of struggling actors, for example I once encountered a guy who said: 'I need some strippers, I'll just go on Star Now' so I wouldn't trust some of the jobs posted up on there either.

This may seem as though I am generalising things and maybe I am and obviously I am basing this on my own experience and things people have said to me, but I have heard so many bad things about this website that I thought it best to issue a warning to those thinking of joining.

There are a load of other websites where you can join that have a far more proffesional atmosphere and good reputation, such as CastingWebsite, Casting Call Pro, Cast Net and of course Spotlight and I would say to never forget the power of social networking.

So go forth and delete your Star Now accounts!

If of course you disagree with me and have a good experience with Star Now then feel free to comment and let me know....

geek
Back to top Go down
http://www.flitterfilms.co.uk, www.caleypowellcasting.co.uk
Caley Powell

Caley Powell

PostSubject: Proving my point   Brief warning about Star Now EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 4:20 am

Back to top Go down
http://www.flitterfilms.co.uk, www.caleypowellcasting.co.uk
GemmaGidds

GemmaGidds

PostSubject: Re: Brief warning about Star Now   Brief warning about Star Now EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 10:46 am

Absolutely agree!
I deleted my Star Now account a long time ago! Waste of money and a waste of time with added dodgy people!
Back to top Go down
Tigga

PostSubject: Re: Brief warning about Star Now   Brief warning about Star Now EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 4:24 pm

My daughter has an account on Star now, as well as some opportunities not quite being what they seemed, but still good experience she has also had some really good opportunites, and with only stepping foot in the industry 6 months ago, at the age of 14 she has had to find the expereince otherwise she may not be given the chance against those that have been doing it for years or who go to stage school etc, she has always turned up when she is supposed to and always been reliable and done a good job, I know you are always going to find those that dont, as I also have a star now account but mine is as a photographer and I recently asked for models to do some location shots and I had a mum of a five year old contact me and we spoke and made arrangemnts and had many emails back and forth, but on the day she failed to turn up and I was exremely angry that she failed to contact me failed to turn up, just unbelievable as i would never do that to someone who has set aside time etc for my daughter.

I can see good and bad in star now as it is a great way to find experience when your starting out. But the more popular it becomes the worse it will get and the bad element move in, but this can be said of most places.. Ebay, years ago when it first started, fantastic place, you could find great bargains, great items, good sellers, no rip offs, dodgy dvds no the items is in the post, etc but yet now the scams etc are rife People Per Hour another site was really good, wonderful freelance work opportunities, but nw becoming really popular the place is overrun with freelancers who really should not be doing the wrk they claim they can, and clients who want you to work for less than minimum wage or give away free examples etc.

Star now are now going to start finding all the more unsrupulous characters that want you to do work byut yet get little to no reward for it.

I agree most images on there does not do the people justice and if they are seen by anyone in the industry then they will just move past them and not bother reading what they can do so it is the person who can not be bothered to have good pictures on there that will lose out.

Well that was my two penneth of an essay...

Star now good but ultimately going down hill fast for those that are serious.

Back to top Go down
http://www.begborrowswap.webs.com/teganmodelpage.html
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brief warning about Star Now   Brief warning about Star Now Empty

Back to top Go down

Brief warning about Star Now
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Flitter Forum :: Caley Powell Casting Chat :: Actor Chatter-
Jump to: